Two of the country’s top passing attacks meet when the No. 4 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) carry college football’s 18th-ranked passing game into a clash with the Maryland Terrapins (5-0), who have the No. 19 pass attack, on Saturday, October 7, 2023. The Buckeyes are massive, 17.5-point favorites. The over/under in this outing is 56 points.
Want to bet on Ohio State or Maryland in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Ohio State vs. Maryland Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Maryland (+17.5)||Under (56)||Ohio State 33 Maryland 16|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||34.5 (73)||38.6 (11)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||8.5 (2)||13.2 (15)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||3 (8)||3 (8)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (99)||12 (5)|
Ohio State vs. Maryland Betting Insights
Ohio State Stats and Trends
- Ohio State has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Buckeyes have been favored by 17.5 points or more three times this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Ohio State games have hit the over just once this season.
- Buckeyes games have gone over 56 points just once this season (in four outings).
- OSU’s outings this year have an average total of 59.3, 3.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Ohio State has a 2-0 advantage over Maryland in the last two matchups between these two squads. The Buckeyes and Terrapins are split 1-1 against the spread in those games while going over the total both times. Ohio State scored 109 points in those two matchups compared to Maryland’s 47.
Maryland Stats and Trends
- Maryland has compiled a 3-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- In Maryland’s five contests this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- Terps games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 56 points in three of five outings.
- UMD’s games this season have had an average of 51.3 points, 4.7 fewer points than this game’s total.
Ohio State Players to Watch
- This season, Kyle McCord has racked up 1,055 passing yards (263.8 yards per game) while completing 74 of 113 passes (65.5% completion percentage), with six touchdowns and one interception.
- TreVeyon Henderson has run for a team-high 295 yards on 44 attempts (73.8 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- DeaMonte Trayanum has rushed for 146 yards on 25 carries (36.5 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Marvin Harrison Jr. has grabbed 17 passes for a team-best 336 yards while scoring three touchdowns. He averages 84.0 yards per game.
- Emeka Egbuka’s stat line this year shows 19 catches for 263 yards and three touchdowns. He puts up 65.8 receiving yards per game.
- This season Cade Stover has caught 17 passes for 240 yards, averaging 80.0 receiving yards per game.
Maryland Players to Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa leads the team with 1,464 passing yards (292.8 yards per game) and has a 65.7% completion percentage this year (111-of-169) while throwing 13 touchdowns with three interceptions. He also has 68 rushing yards on 14 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 13.6 yards per game.
- Roman Hemby has rushed for a team-high 309 yards on 64 attempts (61.8 yards per game) and four touchdowns. He also has 117 receiving yards on 12 catches (23.4 yards per game) .
- Colby McDonald has rushed for 204 yards on 26 carries (51.0 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Jeshaun Jones has hauled in 19 receptions for 319 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 79.8 receiving yards per game.
- Tai Felton has contributed with 299 yards (on 18 catches) and three touchdowns.
- This season Kaden Prather has caught 18 passes for 254 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 50.8 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.