The Toledo Rockets (4-1) play the UMass Minutemen (1-5) on Saturday, October 7, 2023 at Warren McGuirk Alumni Stadium. The Rockets are undoubtedly the favorites in this one, with the line posted at 19 points. The over/under in this contest is 56 points.
Want to bet on Toledo or UMass in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Toledo vs. UMass Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|UMass (+19)||Over (56)||Toledo 37 UMass 26|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||40.8 (9)||26.5 (54)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.8 (56)||39.2 (133)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (100)||9 (100)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||9 (22)||6 (76)|
Toledo vs. UMass Betting Insights
Toledo Stats and Trends
- Toledo has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Rockets have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 19-point favorites.
- In Toledo’s five games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total four times.
- The Rockets and their opponents have gone over 56 combined points in four of five games this season.
- Toledo’s games this season have had an average of 53.0 points, 3.0 fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
In the last two matchups between these two squads, Toledo holds a 2-0 advantage over UMass. The Rockets have a 2-0 record against the spread in those games against the Minutemen, with the two squads eclipsing the total on one occasion. Toledo outscored UMass 100-17 in those two head-to-head matchups.
UMass Stats and Trends
- UMass has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Minutemen have been an underdog by 19 points or more this year once, and failed to cover the spread.
- In 2023, five UMass games have hit the over.
- The Minutemen have combined with their opponents to score more than 56 points in five of six games this season.
- The average total for UMass’ games this season is 49.2 points, 6.8 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Toledo Players to Watch
- This year, DeQuan Finn has racked up 954 passing yards (190.8 yards per game) while going 73-for-110 (66.4% completion percentage) and throwing 10 touchdowns and four interceptions. He has added 241 rushing yards on 49 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 48.2 yards per game.
- Peny Boone has taken 68 carries for a team-leading 515 rushing yards (103.0 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- This season Junior Vandeross III has 16 receptions for a team-high 294 receiving yards (58.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jerjuan Newton’s stat line this year shows 18 catches for 260 yards and seven touchdowns. He averages 52.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season Larry Stephens has caught 10 passes for 110 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 27.5 receiving yards per game.
UMass Players to Watch
- Carlos Davis leads his team with 886 passing yards (221.5 per game) and has a 61.4% completion percentage (62-of-101), throwing six touchdown passes and three interceptions.
- Kay’Ron Adams has run for a team-high 504 yards on 110 carries (84.0 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- Taisun Phommachanh has 95 yards on 31 carries (31.7 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- This season Anthony Simpson has 26 receptions for a team-high 426 receiving yards (71.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Mark Pope has also chipped in with 252 yards on 16 catches and one touchdown. He puts up 42.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- George Johnson has 202 receiving yards on 17 receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 33.7 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.