On Saturday at 7:30 PM ET, the Akron Zips (1-2) will visit the Indiana Hoosiers (1-2).
The Hoosiers lost 21-14 last time out when they met the Louisville Cardinals. The Zips lost in their last outing by a final score of 35-3 against the Kentucky Wildcats.
In that last outing for the Hoosiers, Tayven Jackson completed 24 of 34 passing attempts (70.6%) and totaled 299 yards through the air, completing one touchdown pass but giving away one interception. Jaylin Lucas had eight rushing attempts and finished with 29 yards while also hauling in 10 receptions for 98 yards and one touchdown. Cam Camper ended the contest with three catches for 74 yards.
For the Zips in their last game, DJ Irons completed 23 of 34 passing attempts (67.6%) and totaled 130 yards through the air. Lorenzo Lingard had seven rushing attempts and finished with 30 yards while also hauling in four receptions for 41 yards. Jasaiah Gathings ended the contest with five catches for 43 yards.
Want to bet on Indiana or Akron? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Indiana Players to Watch
- This year, Jackson has recorded 559 passing yards (186.3 yards per game) while connecting on 43 of 60 passes (71.7% completion percentage), with one touchdown and one interception. He has added 31 rushing yards on 17 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 10.3 yards per game.
- Lucas has ran for a team-leading 141 yards on 29 carries (47 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also averages 46 receiving yards per game, grabbing 15 passes for 138 yards and one touchdown.
- So far this year Josh Henderson has rushed for 91 yards on 22 carries (30.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. Henderson also helps out in the passing game, catching six passes for 88 yards (29.3 ypg).
- This season Camper has nine receptions for a team-high 146 receiving yards (48.7 per game).
- This season Omar Cooper Jr. is averaging 54.5 yards per game, with eight catches for 109 yards.
Akron Players to Watch
- Irons has thrown for 392 yards while completing 65.3% of his passes (47-of-72), with two touchdowns and one interception this year (130.7 yards per game).
- Drake Anderson has 16 carries for a team-high 89 rushing yards (29.7 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- This season Lingard has rushed for 78 yards on 21 carries (26 ypg). Lingard also makes an impact in the passing game, catching seven passes to lead the team with 139 yards (46.3 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Daniel George has also tacked on 136 yards on 12 catches. He averages 45.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- Gathings has caught 13 passes for 134 yards, averaging 44.7 yards per game this year.
Indiana vs. Akron Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||19.3 (115)||16 (125)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||17 (37)||26.7 (80)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||2 (12)||6 (98)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (84)||6 (23)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.