The Los Angeles Angels (68-82) hope to end their six-game losing run against the Tampa Bay Rays (92-59), at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Rays are a home favorite (-221) against the Angels (+181). The over/under for this game is set at 8.
The betting trends in this article are based off odds valid as of September 19, 2023 at 5:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Rays vs Angels Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Rays Betting Insights
- This season, the Rays have been favored 122 times and won 80, or 65.6%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay is 16-4 this season when entering a game favored by -221 or more on the moneyline.
- The Rays have a 68.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in 80 of its 151 chances.
- The Rays are 84-67-0 ATS in their 151 games with a spread this season.
Rays Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.9|
Angels Betting Insights
- The Angels have been chosen as underdogs in 78 games this year and have walked away with the win 32 times (41%) in those games.
- Los Angeles has a mark of 2-2 in contests where bookmakers favor it by +181 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Angels have a 35.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Los Angeles has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 77 of 150 chances this season.
- The Angels are 69-81-0 against the spread in their 150 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.3|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Rays or Angels, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Rays Probable Pitcher – Taj Bradley
- Bradley’s team is 8-11-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- Bradley has made 12 starts of five or more innings in 19 chances this season, and averages 4.7 frames when he pitches.
- He has made 19 appearances and finished two of them without allowing an earned run.
- Bradley’s team has won 61.5% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (8-5).
- In games Bradley has started, his team is 9-10.
- Out of Bradley’s 19 starts with a total this season, 11 have hit the over.
Rays Relief Pitchers
Angels Probable Pitcher – Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval makes the start for the Angels, his 27th of the season. He is 7-13 with a 4.68 ERA and 119 strikeouts over 136 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday against the Seattle Mariners, the left-hander tossed five innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering 10 hits.
- Sandoval will try to extend a three-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing).
- In two of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
- The Angels are 3-10 in Sandoval’s 13 starts this season that they were the moneyline underdog.
- Sandoval’s team has an 8-18 record in his starts this season.
- Sandoval’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 12 of 26 contests.
Angels Relief Pitchers
Rays Hitting Trends
- The Rays have racked up two or more homers in 66 games this season, and are 49-17 in those outings.
- Tampa Bay has gone 35-3 in its 38 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The club has strung together at least eight hits 98 times this season, and has a 69-29 record in those games.
- Tampa Bay has a 69-20 record in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Rays are 28-9 in the 37 games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Angels Hitting Trends
- They are 36-22 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Los Angeles has gone 23-9 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- In 90 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 50-40.
- In 70 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 49-21.
- They have won 20 of their 36 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Rays vs. Angels Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Rays (-221)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.