The Houston Astros (84-66) and Baltimore Orioles (93-56) square off on Monday at 8:10 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Minute Maid Park.
The Astros are favored at home (-194) against the Orioles (+161). The contest has an over/under of 8.5.
The insights in the article below reference odds valid as of September 18, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Astros vs Orioles Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Astros Betting Insights
- This season, the Astros have won 59 out of the 110 games, or 53.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season Houston has won 17 of its 26 games, or 65.4%, when favored by at least -194 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 66% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in 78 of its 150 chances.
- The Astros are 75-75-0 against the spread this season.
Astros Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.8|
Orioles Betting Insights
- The Orioles have come away with 43 wins in the 75 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 3-2 when favored by +161 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 38.3% chance of walking away with the win.
- Baltimore and its opponents have gone over in 78 of its 149 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles are 91-58-0 against the spread in their 149 games that had a posted line this season.
Orioles Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.7|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Astros or Orioles, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Astros Probable Pitcher – Justin Verlander
- Verlander’s team is 11-13-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw seven innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up five earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- Verlander has 17 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has five appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 24 chances this season.
- Verlander’s team is 11-8 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite.
- Verlander’s team is 13-11 when he starts this season.
- In games Verlander has started this season, the teams are 10-12-2 at hitting the over.
Astros Relief Pitchers
Orioles Probable Pitcher – John Means
- Means (0-1) pitches first for the Orioles to make his second start of the season.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, the left-hander threw five innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, allowing three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The Orioles have not been a moneyline underdog when Means starts this season.
- His team has lost the only matchup he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Means’ only start with a total this season went under.
Orioles Relief Pitchers
Astros Hitting Trends
- The Astros are 40-13 this season in games when they hit at least two bombs.
- Houston has put up at least five extra-base hits in 34 games this season, and has gone 27-7 in those outings.
- The club has totaled eight or more hits in 103 games this season, and is 78-25 in those contests.
- Houston has a 73-12 record in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Astros have gone 39-8 in the 47 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Orioles Hitting Trends
- They have won 42 of the 56 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- Baltimore has won 35 of its 38 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 70 of the 97 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Baltimore has won 73 of its 84 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 37 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 28-9
Astros vs. Orioles Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Astros (-194)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.