The South Carolina Gamecocks (1-2) will face off against their SEC-rival, the Mississippi State Bulldogs (2-1) in a matchup on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Williams-Brice Stadium. The spread foreshadows an evenly-matched game, with the Gamecocks favored to win by 6.5 points. The over/under is 48.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on South Carolina or Mississippi State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
South Carolina vs. Mississippi State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|South Carolina (-6.5)||Over (48.5)||South Carolina 30 Mississippi State 19|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|South Carolina||Mississippi State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.0 (84)||31.0 (65)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||25.3 (79)||24.0 (74)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (78)||1 (4)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||1 (122)||6 (22)|
South Carolina vs. Mississippi State Betting Insights
South Carolina Stats and Trends
- South Carolina has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Gamecocks have won their only game this season when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, one South Carolina game has gone over the point total.
- So far this season, one of the Gamecocks games has gone over 48.5 points.
- The average total in USC’s contests this year is 56.8, 8.3 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Mississippi State Stats and Trends
- Mississippi State has covered once in three matchups with a spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Mississippi State games have hit the over once this year.
- Every game the Bulldogs have played this season has gone over 48.5 combined points scored.
- State has a 58.0-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 9.5 more points than this game’s total.
South Carolina Players to Watch
- Mario Anderson has taken eight attempts for a team-leading 41 rushing yards (20.5 yards per game).
- So far this year Dontavius Braswell has rushed for 17 yards on four carries (17.0 ypg).
- Eddie Lewis has seven catches, leading his team with 112 yards (56.0 ypg) this season.
- O’Mega Blake has also tacked on six receptions for 93 yards and one touchdown.
- Tyshawn Russell has collected 65 yards on two receptions with one touchdown, averaging 65.0 yards per game.
Mississippi State Players to Watch
- Will Rogers leads his team with 492 passing yards (164.0 per game) and has a 59.5% completion percentage (44-of-74), throwing five touchdown passes and zero interceptions.
- Jo’quavious Marks has picked up a team-high 325 rushing yards (108.3 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns. He has tacked on nine catches for 90 yards (30.0 receiving yards per game).
- So far this year Mike Wright has run for 97 yards on seven carries (32.3 ypg).
- This season Lideatrick Griffin has 13 catches and leads the team with 132 yards (44.0 per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Creed Whittemore has totaled 59 yards on four receptions with one touchdown, averaging 59.0 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.