The UTEP Miners (1-3) will look to upset the UNLV Rebels (2-1) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at the Sun Bowl. The spread forecasts a close game, with the Rebels favored by 1 point. An over/under of 50 points has been set for the contest.
Want to bet on UNLV or UTEP in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
UNLV vs. UTEP Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|UNLV (-1)||Over (50)||UNLV 28 UTEP 23|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||30.3 (73)||14.8 (111)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||28.7 (90)||25 (109)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||4 (60)||6 (98)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||6 (23)||2 (105)|
UNLV vs. UTEP Betting Insights
UNLV Stats and Trends
- UNLV has compiled a perfect 3-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Rebels have been favored by 1 point or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- UNLV games have hit the over once this season.
- Rebels games have gone over 50 points twice this season (in three outings).
- UNLV’s contests this year have an average point total of 60.3, 10.3 more points than this game’s over/under.
UTEP Stats and Trends
- UTEP has won one game against the spread this year.
- The Miners have not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Games featuring UTEP have gone over the point total just once this season.
- Each Miners game this season has finished with a combined score under 50 points.
- UTEP’s outings this season have a 52.4-point average over/under, 2.4 more points than this game’s point total.
UNLV Players to Watch
- This year, Jayden Maiava has put up 369 passing yards (123 yards per game) while going 28-for-46 (60.9% completion percentage) and throwing one touchdown and one interception. He has added 55 rushing yards on 11 carries with one touchdown, averaging 18.3 yards per game.
- Vincent Davis has churned out a team-best 114 rushing yards (38 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Jai’Den Thomas has rushed for 111 yards on 26 carries (37 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Ricky White has 16 catches and paces his team with 201 receiving yards (67 ypg).
- Jacob De Jesus has hauled in 12 catches for 158 yards (52.7 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Senika McKie is averaging 18.3 yards per game, with seven catches for 55 yards.
UTEP Players to Watch
- Gavin Hardison has passed for 722 yards while completing 60.2% of his throws (59-of-98), with four touchdowns and four interceptions (180.5 yards per game).
- Deion Hankins has 55 carries for a team-high 289 rushing yards (72.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has run for 199 yards on 37 carries (49.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year. He also has five catches for 87 yards (21.8 per game).
- This season Tyrin Smith has 19 receptions for a team-high 191 receiving yards (47.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Kelly Akharaiyi has also chipped in with 10 catches for 161 yards and one touchdown this year. He averages 53.7 receiving yards per game.
- This season Jeremiah Ballard has caught 10 passes for 158 yards, averaging 39.5 receiving yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.