The Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2) face the Florida Atlantic Owls (1-2) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL). The Fighting Illini are heavy favorites in this one, with the line posted at 15.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 45.5 points.
Want to bet on Illinois or Florida Atlantic in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Illinois vs. Florida Atlantic Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Florida Atlantic (+15.5)||Over (45.5)||Illinois 31 Florida Atlantic 18|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||22.0 (104)||22.0 (104)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||30.7 (100)||28.3 (87)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||8 (119)||8 (119)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||3 (84)||5 (44)|
Illinois vs. Florida Atlantic Betting Insights
Illinois Stats and Trends
- Illinois has compiled a 0-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- Illinois games have gone over the point total once this season.
- In two games this season, the Illini and their opponents have combined to put up more than 45.5 points.
- The average total in Illinois’ outings this year is 50.0, 4.5 more than this matchup’s over/under.
Florida Atlantic Stats and Trends
- Florida Atlantic is winless against the spread this year (0-2-0).
- The Owls have been an underdog by 15.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Games featuring Florida Atlantic have hit the over once this year.
- FAU’s games this year have had a 56.5-point total on average, 11.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Illinois Players to Watch
- Luke Altmyer leads the team with 576 passing yards (192.0 yards per game) and has a 63.4% completion percentage this year (52-of-82) while throwing three touchdowns with seven interceptions. He also has 145 rushing yards on 26 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 48.3 yards per game.
- Reggie Love III has run for a team-high 158 yards on 32 carries (52.7 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Isaiah Williams has 16 catches, leading his team with 213 yards (71.0 ypg) this season.
- Casey Washington has chipped in with nine receptions for 90 yards.
- Pat Bryant has 82 receiving yards on eight receptions, with two touchdowns, averaging 27.3 yards per game.
Florida Atlantic Players to Watch
- This campaign, Casey Thompson has put up 509 passing yards (169.7 yards per game) while connecting on 50 of 79 passes (63.3% completion percentage), with five touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Larry McCammon III has churned out a team-high 148 rushing yards (74.0 yards per game) and scored one touchdown. He has tacked on seven catches for 75 yards (37.5 receiving yards per game).
- Zuberi Mobley has run for 62 yards on 22 carries (20.7 yards per game) this year.
- LaJohntay Wester has 30 catches, leading his team with 264 yards (88.0 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown this season.
- Tony Johnson has tacked on 132 yards (on 11 catches) and two touchdowns.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.