The Georgia Southern Eagles (2-1) face the Ball State Cardinals (1-2) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Scheumann Stadium. The Eagles are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 6.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 60.5 points.
Want to bet on Georgia Southern or Ball State in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Georgia Southern vs. Ball State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Ball State (+6.5)||Under (60.5)||Ball State 31 Georgia Southern 29|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Georgia Southern||Ball State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||32.3 (58)||20.7 (107)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||23.3 (72)||32.0 (109)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||10 (131)||6 (100)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||4 (62)||5 (43)|
Georgia Southern vs. Ball State Betting Insights
Georgia Southern Stats and Trends
- Georgia Southern has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have covered the spread once when favored by 6.5 points or more this season (in two opportunities).
- So far this season, one Georgia Southern game has hit the over.
- Just one of the Eagles three contests has gone over 60.5 points.
- GSU has an average point total of 60.7 in their contests this year, 0.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Ball State Stats and Trends
- Ball State has a record of 1-1-1 against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals have not covered the spread this year (0-1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Ball State games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- The Cardinals have yet to play a game this season that ended with more than 60.5 combined points scored.
- Ball State has a 48.7-point average over/under in their outings this season, 11.8 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Georgia Southern Players to Watch
- This year, Davis Brin has collected 945 passing yards (315.0 yards per game) while going 98-for-136 (72.1% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Jalen White has run for a team-leading 184 yards on 34 carries (61.3 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- OJ Arnold has 166 yards on 22 carries (55.3 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. He also has five catches for 52 yards (17.3 ypg).
- This season Derwin Burgess Jr. has 22 catches and leads the team with 275 yards (91.7 per game) while hauling in two touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood has also chipped in with 20 catches for 176 yards and one touchdown this year. He averages 58.7 receiving yards per game.
- Dalen Cobb has 115 receiving yards on 10 receptions, averaging 38.3 yards per game.
Ball State Players to Watch
- Kadin Semonza has passed for 357 yards while completing 66.1% of his throws (39-of-59), with three touchdowns and three interceptions (119.0 yards per game).
- Marquez Cooper has racked up a team-best 218 rushing yards (72.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Kiael Kelly has rushed for 77 yards on 16 carries (25.7 ypg).
- This season Tanner Koziol has 18 receptions for a team-high 150 receiving yards (50.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Ty Robinson’s stat line this year shows six catches for 111 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 55.5 receiving yards per game.
- Qian Magwood has racked up 84 yards on 12 receptions, averaging 28.0 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.