The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (2-1) play the Eastern Michigan Eagles (2-1) on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Burgess-Snow Field at JSU Stadium. The Gamecocks are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 6 points. The over/under is set at 51 in the contest.
Want to bet on Jacksonville State or Eastern Michigan in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Jacksonville State vs. Eastern Michigan Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Jacksonville State||Eastern Michigan|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||27.3 (1)||19.3 (115)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||15.7 (49)||21.7 (58)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||1 (15)||3 (33)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||6 (1)||6 (23)|
Jacksonville State vs. Eastern Michigan Betting Insights
Jacksonville State Stats and Trends
- Jacksonville State has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Gamecocks have won their only game this season when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Jacksonville State and its opponent have not hit the over yet this season.
- Gamecocks matchups have gone over 51 points only once this season (in three outings).
- Jax State has an average point total of 56.7 in their outings this year, 5.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Eastern Michigan Stats and Trends
- Eastern Michigan has covered once in three matchups with a spread this year.
- The Eagles have covered the spread when playing as at least 6-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- Games featuring Eastern Michigan have hit the over once this year.
- The Eagles have combined with their opponent to score more than 51 points only once this season.
- EMU’s matchups this season have a 51.0-point average over/under, equal to this game’s total.
Jacksonville State Players to Watch
- Zion Webb leads his team with 217 passing yards (72.3 per game) and has a 48.7% completion percentage (19-of-39). He also has 76 rushing yards on 21 carries, averaging 25.3 yards per game.
- Malik Jackson has rushed for a team-leading 249 yards on 43 attempts (83.0 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Ron Wiggins has run for 156 yards on 28 carries (52.0 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Perry Carter has four catches and paces his team with 87 receiving yards (43.5 ypg).
- Quinton Lane has also added 80 yards on seven catches. He averages 26.7 receiving yards per game this year.
Eastern Michigan Players to Watch
- Austin Smith has thrown for 403 yards while completing 55.4% of his passes (41-of-74), with two touchdowns and two interceptions this year (134.3 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 15 times for 60 yards, averaging 20.0 yards per game.
- Samson Evans has 35 carries for a team-high 214 rushing yards (71.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- So far this year Jaylon Jackson has rushed for 120 yards on 22 carries (40.0 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Tanner Knue has 15 receptions for a team-high 119 receiving yards (39.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Blake Daniels has also contributed with seven receptions for 92 yards.
- Hamze Elzayat has totaled 81 yards on five receptions with one touchdown, averaging 27.0 yards per game.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.