The Minnesota Golden Gophers (2-1) will face off against a fellow Big Ten opponent, the Northwestern Wildcats (1-2) in a matchup on Saturday, September 23, 2023 at Ryan Field. The Wildcats are considerable underdogs in this one, with the spread posted at 12 points. The over/under is set at 39.5 in the outing.
Want to bet on Minnesota or Northwestern in this matchup? Head to DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Minnesota vs. Northwestern Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Find even more ways to bet on NCAA football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
|Northwestern (+12)||Under (39.5)||Minnesota 22 Northwestern 16|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||17.0 (120)||19.7 (111)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||15.7 (28)||23.0 (66)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (77)||3 (33)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (12)||4 (65)|
Minnesota vs. Northwestern Betting Insights
Minnesota Stats and Trends
- Minnesota is winless against the spread this season (0-3-0).
- The Golden Gophers have been favored by 12 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- So far this season, none of Minnesota’s games have gone over the point total.
- Just one of the Gophers three contests has gone over 39.5 points.
- Minnesota has an average total of 47.7 in their contests this year, 8.2 more points than this game’s over/under.
Recent Head-to-Head Matchups
Minnesota holds a 2-0 advantage over Northwestern in the last two matchups between these two squads. The Golden Gophers are 2-0 against the spread in those games against the Wildcats while the two teams have gone over the point total on one occasion. Minnesota has had the upper hand scoring in those two matchups, totaling 72 points while Northwestern scored 17.
Northwestern Stats and Trends
- Northwestern has covered once in two chances against the spread this year.
- The Wildcats have not covered the spread when an underdog by 12 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- Northwestern games have hit the over twice this year.
- Northwestern has a 44.0-point average over/under in their matchups this season, 4.5 more points than this game’s point total.
Minnesota Players to Watch
- This year, Athan Kaliakmanis has collected 446 passing yards (148.7 yards per game) while connecting on 45 of 88 passes (51.1% completion percentage), with one touchdown and three interceptions. He has added 41 rushing yards on 17 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 13.7 yards per game.
- Darius Taylor has taken 56 attempts for a team-leading 334 rushing yards (111.3 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- So far this year Sean Tyler has rushed for 136 yards on 30 carries (45.3 ypg).
- Corey Crooms has 14 catches and paces his team with 154 receiving yards (51.3 ypg).
- Daniel Jackson has hauled in 11 catches for 110 yards (55.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Brevyn Spann-Ford has 56 receiving yards on nine receptions, averaging 18.7 yards per game.
Northwestern Players to Watch
- This year, Ben Bryant has put up 408 passing yards (136.0 yards per game) while going 48-for-87 (55.2% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and three interceptions.
- Cam Porter has run for a team-leading 147 yards on 33 carries (49.0 yards per game).
- Jack Lausch has 57 yards on six carries (28.5 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- This season Cam Johnson has 12 receptions for a team-high 141 receiving yards (47.0 per game).
- Joseph Himon II has chipped in with 94 yards on two catches and one touchdown. He averages 31.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season A.J. Henning is averaging 27.3 yards per game, with 11 catches for 82 yards and one touchdown.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.