The Cincinnati Reds (78-72) have a 2-0 series lead and aim to sweep the New York Mets (68-80) on Sunday at Citi Field, at 1:40 PM ET.
The Mets are favored (-135 on the moneyline) when they host the Reds (+114). The matchup has an over/under set at 9 total runs.
The insights in what follows reference odds valid as of September 17, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Mets vs Reds Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Mets Betting Insights
- The Mets have won 49, or 55.1%, of the 89 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York is 26-30 this season when entering a game favored by -135 or more on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- Games involving New York has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 61 of 149 chances this season.
- The Mets are 66-83-0 against the spread in their 149 chances this season.
Mets Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.3|
Reds Betting Insights
- The Reds have been underdogs in 113 games this season and have come away with the win 56 times (49.6%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati has a mark of 35-40 in contests where bookmakers favor it by +114 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 46.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cincinnati’s games have gone over the total in 72 of its 150 opportunities.
- The Reds are 88-62-0 against the spread in their 150 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Reds Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.5|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Mets or Reds, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Mets Probable Pitcher – Jose Quintana
- Quintana and his team are 3-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in five innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday.
- Quintana has pitched five or more innings in 10 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has one appearance with no earned runs allowed in 10 chances this season.
- Quintana’s team has won 40% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (2-3).
- Quintana’s team is 2-8 when he starts this season.
- In games Quintana has started this season, the teams are 2-8-0 at hitting the over.
Mets Relief Pitchers
Reds Probable Pitcher – Brandon Williamson
- Williamson (4-4) takes the mound first for the Reds in his 21st start of the season. He has a 4.47 ERA in 102 2/3 innings pitched, with 91 strikeouts.
- The lefty’s most recent time out came on Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers, when he threw four innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Williamson has put up 14 starts this year that he pitched five or more innings.
- In two of his 20 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
- The Reds have been the underdog on the moneyline in 17 of Williamson’s starts this season, and they went 8-9 in those games.
- Williamson’s team has compiled an 11-9 record over his 20 starts.
- Williamson has had 20 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and eight of those outings hit the over.
Reds Relief Pitchers
Mets Hitting Trends
- The Mets have hit two or more round-trippers in 53 games this season, and are 32-21 in those contests.
- New York has gone 21-6 in its 27 games this season with at least five extra-base hits.
- The club is 54-26 in the games this season it has notched at least eight hits.
- New York is 51-19 in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Mets are 18-15 in games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Reds Hitting Trends
- They have won 36 of the 50 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 39 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 30-9.
- In 97 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 69-28.
- In 84 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 70-14.
- They have a 23-21 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Mets vs. Reds Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Mets (-135)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.