The San Diego Padres (71-78) will aim to keep a three-game winning streak alive when they visit the Oakland Athletics (46-102) at 4:07 PM ET on Sunday.
The Athletics are an underdog (+146 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Padres (-177). The contest has a set total of 9.
The betting trends in what follows reflect odds as of September 17, 2023 at 3:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Padres vs Athletics Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Padres Betting Insights
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 111 times this season and won 59, or 53.2%, of those games.
- This season San Diego has won 22 of its 38 games, or 57.9%, when favored by at least -177 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 63.9% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego’s games have gone over the total in 63 of its 149 chances.
- The Padres are 72-77-0 against the spread in their 149 chances this season.
Padres Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.9|
Athletics Betting Insights
- The Athletics have won in 45, or 31%, of the 145 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, Oakland has been victorious 29 times in 105 chances when named as an underdog of at least +146 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 40.7% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 78 of its 148 opportunities.
- The Athletics have posted a record of 73-75-0 against the spread this season.
Athletics Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.5|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Padres or Athletics, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Padres Probable Pitcher – Nick Martinez
- Martinez and his team have a record of 2-5-0 against the spread when he starts.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Thursday when he threw one scoreless inning out of the bullpen against the Los Angeles Dodgers while allowing one hit.
- Martinez has three starts of five or more innings this season in seven chances. He averages 1.6 innings per outing.
- In 60 appearances this season, he has finished 40 without allowing an earned run.
- Martinez’s team has a record of 2-2 this season when he starts and they are the favorite on the moneyline.
- In games Martinez has started, his team is 3-4.
- In the seven games Martinez has started this season, the teams combined to hit the under on the point total each time.
Padres Relief Pitchers
Athletics Probable Pitcher – Joe Boyle
- Boyle will make his first start of the season for the Athletics.
- The right-hander is pitching in his MLB debut at 24 years old.
- Boyle never pitched as a moneyline underdog a season ago.
Athletics Relief Pitchers
Padres Hitting Trends
- The Padres are 37-27 this season in games when they send out two or more long balls.
- San Diego has gone 25-8 in its 33 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The club is 55-26 in the games this season it has notched at least eight hits.
- San Diego has a 58-13 record in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Padres have gone 32-27 over the 59 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Athletics Hitting Trends
- They are 30-18 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- In 27 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 22-5.
- In 65 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 32-33.
- In 50 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 35-15.
- They have a 20-16 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Padres vs. Athletics Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Padres (-177)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.