The Atlanta Braves (96-51) meet the Miami Marlins (76-72) in Miami at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Braves will send Jared Shuster (4-3) to the mound, while Bryan Hoeing (2-2) will answer the bell for the Marlins.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Atlanta vs. Miami Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Saturday, September 16, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: LoanDepot park in Miami, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: MLBN
- Probable Pitchers: Shuster – ATL (4-3, 5.26 ERA) vs Hoeing – MIA (2-2, 4.04 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Braves vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher: Jared Shuster
- The left-hander last appeared on Sunday, Aug. 27 against the San Francisco Giants, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In 10 games this season, the 25-year-old has an ERA of 5.26, with 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .236 against him.
- Shuster has one quality start under his belt this year.
- He has given up one or more earned runs in all of his outings.
- Shuster and his team have a record of 4-6-0 against the spread when he starts.
- In games Shuster has started this season, the teams are 4-5-1 at hitting the over.
Shuster’s Recent Performance
|at Giants||Aug. 27||4.2||4||4||4||3||2|
|at Reds||Jun. 24||3.2||7||4||4||2||0|
|vs. Rockies||Jun. 16||5.2||5||1||1||2||3|
|vs. Nationals||Jun. 10||5.0||8||3||3||0||0|
|at Athletics||May. 31||5.1||3||2||2||1||4|
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher: Bryan Hoeing
- The right-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Thursday when he threw one scoreless inning out of the bullpen against the Milwaukee Brewers without allowing a hit.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.04, a 2.23 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.219 in 30 games this season.
- Hoeing has not earned a quality start in nine starts this season.
- In 30 appearances this season, he has finished 18 without allowing an earned run.
- When Hoeing starts, the Marlins are 4-5-0 against the spread.
- Hoeing’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in six of nine contests.
Hoeing’s Recent Performance
|at Brewers||Sep. 14||1.0||0||0||0||1||1|
|at Phillies||Sep. 10||3.1||2||1||1||2||1|
|vs. Dodgers||Sep. 6||1.0||2||3||2||1||0|
|at Nationals||Sep. 1||1.0||0||0||0||1||0|
|vs. Nationals||Aug. 27||4.0||4||1||1||5||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.