The Los Angeles Angels (68-80) carry a four-game losing streak into a contest versus the Detroit Tigers (68-79), at 9:07 PM ET on Saturday.
As the favorite, the Tigers (-128 on the moneyline) play at the Angels (+107). The total for this game is 8.5.
The betting facts in the following article reflect odds as of September 16, 2023 at 9:13 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Tigers vs Angels Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Tigers Betting Insights
- The Tigers have entered the game as favorites 31 times this season and won 19, or 61.3%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 11-9, a 55% win rate, when favored by -128 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 56.1% chance to win.
- Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 71 of its 148 games with a total this season.
- The Tigers are 79-69-0 against the spread this season.
Tigers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.7|
Angels Betting Insights
- The Angels have been victorious in 32, or 42.1%, of the 76 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Los Angeles has a win-loss record of 28-37 when favored by +107 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 48.3% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 76 of its 148 opportunities.
- The Angels have an against the spread record of 68-80-0 in 148 games with a line this season.
Angels Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.3|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Tigers or Angels, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Tigers Probable Pitcher – Sawyer Gipson-Long
- Gipson-Long and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Chicago White Sox, throwing five innings and giving up two earned runs.
- Gipson-Long’s team won his only start as a favorite this season.
- Gipson-Long’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Gipson-Long with a total this season hit the under.
Tigers Relief Pitchers
Angels Probable Pitcher – Tyler Anderson
- The Angels are sending Anderson (6-6) out for his 25th start of the season. He is 6-6 with a 5.36 ERA and 112 strikeouts in 136 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last appeared on Sunday, Sept. 10 against the Cleveland Guardians, when he went eight innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Anderson will look to go five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 26 outings this season.
- The Angels have a 6-6 record in Anderson’s 12 starts this season when they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Anderson’s team has put together a 12-12 record in his 24 starts.
- Anderson has started 24 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 15 of them.
Angels Relief Pitchers
Tigers Hitting Trends
- The Tigers have put up at least two dingers in 42 games this season, and are 29-13 in those outings.
- Detroit is 24-5 in games this season when it has put up at least five extra-base hits.
- The team has notched eight or more hits in 87 games this season, and is 62-25 in those contests.
- Detroit has a 48-15 record in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Tigers have drawn five or more walks in 34 games this season, and are 22-12 in those contests.
Angels Hitting Trends
- They are 36-21 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- Los Angeles has gone 23-9 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- They have won 50 of the 90 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Los Angeles has won 49 of its 70 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have a 20-16 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Tigers vs. Angels Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Angels (+107)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.