The Chicago White Sox (56-91) face off against the Minnesota Twins (77-70) on Friday at Guaranteed Rate Field after a three-game losing streak. The game begins at 7:40 PM ET. The probable pitchers are Bailey Ober (6-6) for the Twins and Jesse Scholtens (1-8) for the White Sox.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Minnesota vs. Chicago Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NSPCH
- Probable Pitchers: Ober – MIN (6-6, 3.67 ERA) vs Scholtens – CHW (1-8, 4.44 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Twins vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher: Bailey Ober
- In his most recent time out on Sunday, Aug. 27, the right-hander threw four innings against the Texas Rangers, giving up five earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.67, with 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, in 22 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .241 batting average against him.
- Ober has 11 quality starts this year.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in three of his 22 appearances this season.
- When Ober starts, his team is 11-11-0 against the spread this season.
- Games started by Ober have an 8-14-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Ober’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rangers||Aug. 27||4.0||5||5||5||4||1|
|at Brewers||Aug. 22||5.0||2||2||2||3||3|
|vs. Tigers||Aug. 15||5.0||4||2||2||6||3|
|at Tigers||Aug. 9||5.0||11||5||4||9||1|
|vs. Diamondbacks||Aug. 4||5.0||6||2||2||3||0|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Jesse Scholtens
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed eight hits in five innings pitched against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 24 games this season with an ERA of 4.44 and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .276.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- He has nine appearances with no earned runs allowed in 24 chances this season.
- The White Sox have a 4-6-0 record against the spread in Scholtens’ starts.
- Scholtens has had 10 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in five of those matchups.
Scholtens’ Recent Performance
|at Tigers||Sep. 10||5.0||8||3||3||4||2|
|at Royals||Sep. 4||3.2||9||5||5||1||1|
|at Orioles||Aug. 29||5.1||6||1||1||1||0|
|vs. Athletics||Aug. 24||5.2||6||5||5||4||0|
|at Rockies||Aug. 19||3.0||5||5||5||2||5|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.