The Washington Nationals (65-82) kick off a three-game series on Friday against the Milwaukee Brewers (82-64). The contest begins at 8:10 PM ET at American Family Field. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Brewers will send Wade Miley (7-4) to the mound, while Jake Irvin (3-5) will answer the bell for the Nationals.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Milwaukee vs. Washington Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 15, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- How to Watch on TV: BSWI
- Probable Pitchers: Miley – MIL (7-4, 3.30 ERA) vs Irvin – WSH (3-5, 4.20 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Brewers vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher: Wade Miley
- His last time out came on Saturday against the New York Yankees, when the lefty went 3 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing just one hit.
- The 36-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.30, with 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings, in 20 games this season. Opponents are batting .218 against him.
- Miley is trying to pick up his ninth quality start of the season in this outing.
- He has had five appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- Miley and his team are 10-10-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- In games Miley has started this season, the teams are 9-10-1 at hitting the over.
Miley’s Recent Performance
|at Yankees||Sep. 9||3.2||1||2||1||3||3|
|vs. Phillies||Sep. 3||6.1||4||4||4||4||3|
|at Cubs||Aug. 28||6.0||4||2||2||1||0|
|vs. Twins||Aug. 22||5.0||5||3||3||4||1|
|at Dodgers||Aug. 16||5.0||7||4||3||2||2|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher: Jake Irvin
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw six innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 22 games this season with an ERA of 4.20 and 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .246.
- He has started 22 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in eight of them.
- He has two appearances with no earned runs allowed in 22 chances this season.
- The Nationals have a 10-12-0 ATS record in Irvin’s 22 starts with a set spread.
- Irvin has started 22 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 11 of them.
Irvin’s Recent Performance
|vs. Dodgers||Sep. 9||6.0||3||1||1||4||2|
|vs. Marlins||Sep. 1||5.0||4||3||3||4||3|
|at Marlins||Aug. 26||6.0||4||1||1||3||3|
|vs. Phillies||Aug. 19||6.0||5||0||0||7||2|
|vs. Athletics||Aug. 12||6.2||7||2||2||6||0|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.