It’ll be the Denver Broncos (1-0) against the Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) in Week 2. The Jaguars, on the moneyline to win, and the Broncos, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 19, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS. The total for the game is set at points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 19, 2021, 2:50 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Broncos Vs Jaguars Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Broncos (-6)||Over (45)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2020)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||20.2 (28)||19.1 (30)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||27.9 (25)||30.8 (31)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.2 (24)||5.2 (24)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.6 (18)||6.3 (31)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||32 (32)||25 (25)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||16 (29)||17 (27)|
Broncos Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Denver was 9-7-0 last season.
- Denver had eight of its 16 games go over the point total last year.
- Denver and its opponent broke the 45-point mark nine times last year.
- The over/under in this matchup is 45 points, 0.5 fewer than the average total in last season’s Broncos contests.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jaguars Betting Insights
- Jacksonville covered the spread seven times in 16 games last year.
- The Jaguars went 7-6 as underdogs of 6 points or greater last year.
- Last year, eight of Jacksonville’s 16 games hit the over.
- There were 10 Jacksonville games last year with more than 45 points scored.
- The average total for Jaguars games last season was 48.9 points, 3.9 more than this game’s over/under.
Broncos Players to Watch
- Last year Teddy Bridgewater put up 3,733 passing yards (233.3 per game), a 69.1% completion percentage (340-for-492), 15 touchdowns, and only 11 interceptions. He also added a team-high 279 rushing yards on 53 carries with five rushing TDs (averaging 17.4 yards per game).
- Melvin Gordon III racked up 986 rushing yards (61.6 per game) and nine touchdowns last year.
- Tim Patrick reeled in 51 catches for 742 yards (46.4 per game) while being targeted 79 times. He also scored six touchdowns.
- Noah Fant also impressed receiving last season. He had 62 receptions for 673 yards and three touchdowns. He was targeted 93 times.
- K.J. Hamler hauled in 30 passes for 381 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 25.4 yards per game last year.
- Last season Malik Reed stacked up 8.0 sacks, 11.5 TFL and 72 tackles.
- Alexander Johnson was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 176 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack last year.
- Justin Simmons collected five interceptions while adding 115 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and nine passes defended last year.
Jaguars Players to Watch
- C.J. Beathard completed 63.5% of his passes to throw for 787 yards and six touchdowns last season.
- James Robinson averaged 66.9 rushing yards and collected seven rushing touchdowns. Robinson added 3.5 receptions per game to average 21.5 receiving yards.
- Carlos Hyde ran for four touchdowns on 356 yards a year ago.
- Marvin Jones Jr. averaged 61.1 receiving yards and racked up nine receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- D.J. Chark averaged 44.1 receiving yards on 7.2 targets per game in 2020, scoring five touchdowns.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. worked his way to five receiving touchdowns and 600 receiving yards (37.5 ypg) last season.
- Last year Dawuane Smoot racked up 5.5 sacks, 5.5 TFL and 29 tackles.
- Myles Jack put together an excellent stat line last year, collecting 164 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception.
- Last year Shaquill Griffin picked off three passes to go along with 73 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 12 passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from