AFC East rivals will do battle in Week 2 when the New England Patriots (0-1) face the New York Jets (0-1). The Patriots, listed at on the spread, hit the road on September 19, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS against the Jets, on the moneyline to win. Sportsbooks have installed a total of points for the game.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 19, 2021, 2:51 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Patriots Vs Jets Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Jets (+5.5)||Under (43)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2020)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||20.4 (27)||15.2 (32)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||22.1 (7)||28.6 (26)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.3 (21)||4.7 (32)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.8 (22)||5.7 (21)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||19 (14)||19 (14)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||22 (10)||19 (22)|
Patriots Betting Insights
- New England’s record against the spread last season was 7-9-0.
- The Patriots won twice ATS (2-2) as a 5.5-point favorite or more last year.
- In 16 New England games last season, five of them hit the over.
- New England’s games had more than 43 points scored on seven occasions last year.
- The point total average for Patriots games last season was 44.8, 1.8 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Jets Betting Insights
- New York had six wins in 16 games against the spread last year.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 5.5 points or greater, the Jets went 6-8 last season.
- Last year, seven of New York’s 16 games went over the point total.
- New York’s games finished with over 43 points scored 10 times last season.
- The average total points scored in Jets games last year (43) is 1.9 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Last season Damien Harris went to work rushing, for 691 yards on 137 attempts (57.6 yards per game) and scored two times.
- James White churned out 121 yards on 35 carries (7.6 yards per game), with two rushing touchdowns last season. He was also successful in the air, catching 49 passes for 375 yards (23.4 per game) and one TD.
- Nelson Agholor reeled in 48 catches for 896 yards (56.0 per game) while being targeted 82 times. He also scored eight touchdowns.
- Jakobi Meyers also impressed receiving last year. He collected 59 receptions for 729 yards. He was targeted 81 times.
- Kendrick Bourne grabbed 49 passes on 74 targets for 667 yards and two touchdowns, compiling 41.7 receiving yards per game.
- Kyle Van Noy did his thing last season with a memorable stat line of 6.0 sacks, 12.0 TFL and 92 tackles.
- Adrian Phillips went to work last year, collecting 142 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions.
- J.C. Jackson collected nine interceptions while adding 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended last year.
Jets Players to Watch
- Ty Johnson compiled 254 rushing yards and one touchdown on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Lamical Perine ran for two touchdowns on 232 yards a year ago.
- Corey Davis was targeted 6.6 times per game and collected 984 receiving yards and five touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Jamison Crowder averaged 43.7 receiving yards on 7.3 targets per game in 2020, scoring six touchdowns.
- Keelan Cole worked his way to five receiving touchdowns and 642 receiving yards (40.1 ypg) last season.
- Last year Quinnen Williams racked up 7.0 sacks, 13.5 TFL and 78 tackles.
- Marcus Maye was all over the field last season with 124 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and two interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from