NFC South foes will do battle in Week 2 when the New Orleans Saints (1-0) battle the Carolina Panthers (1-0). The Saints ( ) visit the Panthers ( to win on the moneyline) on September 19, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on FOX. Bookmakers have set the contest’s point total at .
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 19, 2021, 2:51 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Saints Vs Panthers Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Panthers (+3)||Under (45)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2020)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||30.1 (5)||21.9 (24)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||21.1 (5)||25.1 (18)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.8 (11)||5.6 (17)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.0 (4)||5.6 (18)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||17 (7)||21 (17)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||26 (3)||22 (10)|
Saints Betting Insights
- Against the spread, New Orleans was 9-7-0 last year.
- Against the spread, as 3-point favorites or greater, the Saints went 9-6 last season.
- Last year, 10 of New Orleans’ 16 games hit the over.
- New Orleans’ games had more than 45 points scored on 11 occasions last year.
- The point total average for Saints games last season was 47.8, 2.8 more points than the over/under for this matchup.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Panthers Betting Insights
- Carolina had nine wins in 16 games against the spread last season.
- The Panthers had an ATS record of 7-4 as underdogs of 3 points or more last year.
- Carolina had seven of its 16 games go over the point total last season.
- Carolina’s games finished with over 45 points scored eight times last season.
- The average total for Panthers games last season was 48.6 points, 3.6 more than this game’s over/under.
Saints Players to Watch
- Last year Taysom Hill put together 928 passing yards (58.0 per game), a 72.7% completion percentage (88-for-121), four touchdowns, and only two interceptions. He also added a team-high 457 rushing yards on 87 carries with eight rushing TDs (averaging 28.6 yards per game).
- Alvin Kamara took 187 rushing attempts for 932 yards (58.3 per game) and scored 16 touchdowns last year. When it comes to receiving, he caught 83 passes for a team-best 756 yards (47.3 per game) and five TDs.
- Marquez Callaway also impressed receiving last year. He had 21 receptions for 213 yards. He was targeted 27 times.
- Deonte Harris hauled in 20 passes for 186 yards and one touchdown, averaging 14.3 yards per game last year.
- Cameron Jordan’s hard work last season produced a stat line of 7.5 sacks, 13.0 TFL and 68 tackles.
- Demario Davis went to work last year, collecting 165 tackles, 11.0 TFL, and 4.0 sacks.
- Last season Malcolm Jenkins had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 113 tackles, 8.0 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and 10 passes defended.
Panthers Players to Watch
- Sam Darnold averaged 138.0 passing yards per outing and completed nine touchdowns last season. In addition, he added 217 yards rushing with two touchdowns.
- Christian McCaffrey averaged 22.5 rushing yards per game and collected five rushing touchdowns.
- D.J. Moore was targeted 7.9 times per game and collected 1,193 receiving yards and four touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Robby Anderson averaged 68.5 receiving yards on 8.5 targets per game in 2020, scoring three touchdowns.
- Dan Arnold played his way to four receiving touchdowns and 438 receiving yards (27.4 ypg) last season.
- Last year Haason Reddick put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 12.5 sacks, and added 20.0 TFL and 83 tackles.
- Jeremy Chinn put together a strong stat line last year, accruing 166 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception.
- Last year Donte Jackson picked off three passes to go along with 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 11 passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from