A Week 2 matchup features the Cleveland Browns (0-1) taking the field against the Houston Texans (1-0). The Browns ( ) and the Texans ( on the moneyline to win) kick off the action on September 19, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS. The point total for the game is set at points.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 19, 2021, 2:48 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Browns Vs Texans Odds
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Texans (+13.5)||Over (49.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Team Stat Rankings (2020)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||25.5 (14)||24.0 (18)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||26.2 (21)||29.0 (27)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.8 (11)||6.4 (1)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.5 (12)||6.2 (29)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||16 (4)||18 (9)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||21 (18)||9 (32)|
Browns Betting Insights
- Against the spread, Cleveland was 6-10-0 last year.
- Cleveland had nine of its 16 games hit the over last season.
- In nine games last year, Cleveland and its opponent combined to score more than 49.5 points.
- The over/under for this game is 49.5 points, 1.8 more than the average point total for Browns games a year ago.
Get more NFL betting picks and tips from the PlayPicks staff HERE
Texans Betting Insights
- Houston covered the spread six times in 16 games last season.
- Last year, eight of Houston’s 16 games hit the over.
- Last year, eight Houston games featured more than 49.5 points scored.
- The average total for Texans games last season was 50.6 points, 1.1 more than this game’s over/under.
Browns Players to Watch
- Last season Baker Mayfield had 3,563 yards (222.7 per game), a 62.8% completion percentage, 26 touchdowns, and only eight interceptions. He also added 165 rushing yards on 54 carries with one rushing TD (averaging 10.3 yards per game).
- Nick Chubb churned out 1,067 rushing yards (88.9 per game) and 12 touchdowns last year.
- Kareem Hunt put up 841 rushing yards on 198 carries and six touchdowns last season. He also made a mark receiving with 38 catches for 304 yards and five scores.
- Jarvis Landry collected 72 receptions for 840 yards and three touchdowns last season. He was targeted 101 times, and averaged 52.5 yards per game.
- Rashard Higgins tacked on 599 yards on 37 grabs with four touchdowns. He was targeted 52 times, and averaged 37.4 receiving yards per game.
- Austin Hooper grabbed 46 passes for 435 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 27.2 yards per game last year.
- Myles Garrett did his thing last season with a huge stat line of 12.0 sacks, 15.0 TFL and 63 tackles.
- John Johnson went to work last year, collecting 137 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and one interception.
- Troy Hill intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 99 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 10 passes defended.
Texans Players to Watch
- Deshaun Watson connected on 70.2% of his passes to throw for 4,823 yards and 33 touchdowns last season. Watson also helped with his legs, accumulating three touchdowns on 27.8 yards per game.
- David Johnson compiled 691 rushing yards and six touchdowns on the ground in addition to 314 receiving yards and two touchdowns through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Last season Phillip Lindsay rushed for 502 yards. He also scored one total touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks averaged 71.9 receiving yards and grabbed six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2020 season.
- Danny Amendola had 602 receiving yards (37.6 ypg) in 2020.
- Anthony Miller grabbed 49 passes on his way to 485 receiving yards and two touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year DeMarcus Walker put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 4.5 sacks, and added 4.5 TFL and 27 tackles.
- Zach Cunningham put together a great stat line last year, tallying 222 tackles, 7.5 TFL, and 3.0 sacks.
- Christian Kirksey came up with two interceptions in addition to 108 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and four passes defended a year ago.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from