The Boston College Eagles (2-0) will try to extend their three-game winning run when they battle the Temple Owls (1-1). The Owls (on the moneyline to win) take to their home field on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET against the Eagles ( ). Bookmakers have listed the matchup’s total at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 18, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Boston College Vs. Temple Odds
|Boston College (-14)||Over (55.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|Boston College||Stats (Rank)||Temple|
|48.0 (8)||Points Per Game||29.5 (71)|
|14.0 (33)||Points Per Game Against||42.5 (124)|
|284.0 (31)||Pass Yards||196.5 (86)|
|149.0 (26)||Pass Yards Against||168.0 (36)|
|216.0 (34)||Rush Yards||145.0 (77)|
|113.0 (52)||Rush Yards Against||195.5 (106)|
|0 (1)||Giveaways||5 (121)|
|4 (11)||Takeaways||1 (86)|
Boston College Vs. Temple Betting Insights
Boston College Stats And Trends
- The Eagles have no wins ATS (0-1) as a 14-point favorite or greater this season.
- Eagles games have had an average of 57.0 points this season, 1.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Temple Stats And Trends
- Games involving the Owls this year have averaged 51.5 points per game, a 4.0-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Boston College Players To Watch
- Phil Jurkovec has thrown for 325 yards (162.5 ypg) to lead Boston College, completing 67.9% of his passes and tossing three touchdown passes this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 61 rushing yards (30.5 ypg) on five carries.
- Patrick Garwo III’s team-high 189 rushing yards (94.5 per game) have come on 19 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Travis Levy has rushed for 75 yards (37.5 per game) on 16 carries with two touchdowns.
- Zay Flowers’ 203 receiving yards (101.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has nine receptions with one touchdown.
- Trae Barry has put up a 149-yard season so far (74.5 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, reeling in six passes.
- CJ Lewis’ three receptions have netted him 67 yards (67.0 ypg).
Temple Players To Watch
- Justin Lynch leads Temple with 245 passing yards (122.5 ypg) on 19-of-26 passing with two touchdowns and one interception this season. He also has 73 rushing yards (36.5 ypg) on 12 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Edward Saydee, has carried the ball 21 times for 81 yards (40.5 per game), with one touchdown this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 31 receiving yards (15.5 per game) on three catches.
- Randle Jones’ 208 receiving yards (104.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has eight receptions with two touchdowns.
- Jose Barbon has totaled 72 receiving yards (36.0 yards per game), reeling in four passes this year.