Big Ten opponents will clash when the Maryland Terrapins (2-0, 0-0 Big Ten) meet the Illinois Fighting Illini (1-2, 1-0 Big Ten). The Fighting Illini, withmoneyline odds to win, host the Terrapins, listed at on the spread, on September 17, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET on FS1. The game’s total is currently set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 17, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Maryland Vs. Illinois Odds
|Illinois (+7)||Under (61.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Get our college football best bets and find the top sports betting signup offers HERE.
Team Stat Comparison
|46.0 (12)||Points Per Game||24.7 (94)|
|12.0 (18)||Points Per Game Against||33.7 (114)|
|339.5 (13)||Pass Yards||215.3 (73)|
|178.5 (45)||Pass Yards Against||311.7 (123)|
|195.0 (47)||Rush Yards||143.0 (80)|
|49.0 (10)||Rush Yards Against||170.0 (92)|
|0 (1)||Giveaways||3 (79)|
|4 (11)||Takeaways||2 (58)|
Maryland Vs. Illinois Betting Insights
Maryland Stats And Trends
- Maryland is unbeaten against the spread this year.
- The Terrapins are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 7-point favorite or greater this year.
- The over/under for this game is 61.5 points, 6.0 more than the average point total for Terrapins games this season.
Illinois Stats And Trends
- Illinois has won once against the spread this year.
- The Fighting Illini have won once ATS (1-1) as a 7-point favorite or more this season.
- Illinois has had one game (out of three) go over the total this season.
- Illinois’ games have gone over 61.5 points on one occasion this season.
- Games involving the Fighting Illini this year have averaged 54.7 points per game, a 6.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Maryland Players To Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa has thrown for 606 yards (303.0 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 76.2% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes this season.
- Tayon Fleet-Davis’ team-high 189 rushing yards (94.5 per game) have come on 26 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Isaiah Jacobs has collected 50 yards (50.0 per game) on 14 carries, while also catching three passes for 23 yards (23.0 per game).
- Dontay Demus’ team-leading 261 receiving yards (130.5 yards per game) have come on 12 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Rakim Jarrett has racked up 189 receiving yards (94.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 12 passes this year.
- Jeshaun Jones’ seven catches have yielded 59 yards (29.5 ypg).
Illinois Players To Watch
- Artur Sitkowski leads Illinois with 611 passing yards (203.7 ypg) on 58-of-102 passing with six touchdowns compared to one interception this season. He also adds 39 rushing yards (13.0 ypg) on 16 carries.
- Mike Epstein has carried the ball 25 times for a team-high 107 yards (53.5 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Reggie Love III has rushed for 83 yards (27.7 per game) on 24 carries.
- Isaiah Williams’ 183 receiving yards (61.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 19 receptions and one touchdown.
- Deuce Spann has grabbed three passes for 109 yards (36.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Daniel Barker’s eight catches this season have resulted in 90 yards (45.0 ypg) and two touchdowns.